Take some time to get to know the new wiki, it should look familiar to the referral list in the way it’s broken down.
You can watch a short intro video here:
Thank you to all of the volunteers who helped build this. We are looking for moderators to take on one (or more topics) to keep the pages up to date. If this sounds like something you’re interested in, please email email@example.com
What’s new and exciting?
1) We have a Wiki! You’ll find a search box at the top of all the screens and loads of information added by Emily and the Vol Dev team. This is replacing the key referrals part of My Switchboard.
2) The Menus have changed across the site, we’ve removed the bottom menu on MySwitchboard.
3) To make the public facing site less cluttered for external users we will be moving the link to My Switchboard to the bottom menu on the front page. You can always bookmark switchboard.lgbt/my-switchboard which will take you directly to My Switchboard. (People will forget this or not read this email, if you find someone having trouble with this in the phone room please help them).
4) Most of the pages will now work on mobile, some of the pages work better in landscape rather than portrait mode so turn the phone around if the website looks odd.
5) You can access the Switchboard Slack. We’re trialing Slack as a way to communicate and you can access it by clicking the link at the top right of the menu.
We are working on upgrading the Key referrals list into a dynamic wiki to better help volunteers find the right referral for the caller.
This will be online and built by us, for us to deliver the best experience for our callers.
You! We are looking for about 10 volunteers to help kick start this work and bring everything together. Each volunteer will be responsible for one category that they will populate using existing information. You don’t need to be an expert to help with this project – this is about bringing together the wealth of existing information available and making it more accessible.
Topics we still need cover for include (but is not limited to):
If you are interested or, would like more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This functionality has not yet been written.